Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Why I Became a PCA: Shell


When I first heard about the PCA position I was very excited for a number of reasons. I knew that a position such as this would be very beneficial to me in a variety of ways. After looking into the job responsibilities I realized how that by serving in this role I would also be gaining skills not only to help other students in need, but that I would need as well. 

As a result of the PCA training I learned what employers look for in a resume, how to conduct myself during interviews, and also how to effectively job search. Along with these valuable skills working in an office that is a huge resource on campus would help me develop my transferable skills that would come in handy in any field. 

Finally this position appealed to me is because it would help me with my future career goals of working in higher education.


No comments:

Post a Comment