Thursday, October 8, 2015

Student Success Stories



This week’s success story: Rachel VanDeventer c/o 2016
 
I’m a Peer Career Advisor and I’ve been with the Center for Career Development for four years and have loved every second of it. I really enjoy working with students from all over campus that I would not normally have the opportunity to meet. I love helping students improve their resumes, interviewing skills, picking a major, or searching for jobs. Another added bonus is that I have learned so much about how to develop my own career path and get to utilize the expertise of the Center's Career Counselors and faculty daily!

So how’d she land the job?

Having my resume critiqued helped me to better highlight my skills and participating in a practice interview allowed me to be confident during the Peer Career Advisor interview! There is an art to writing a resume and I had no idea how it should look until I sat down with a Peer Career Advisor and went over some changes I could make to perfect my resume. Interviewing is always intimidating but practicing some common questions in advance helps to calm the nerves and think of examples to bring up during your actual interview.






Doesn’t Rachel’s job sound cool? Click here to apply today, and you too could become a PCA!

Yours Truly, 






1 comment:

  1. It is a very cool job and I have been very lucky to hire, work with, and then watch PCAs succeed in that position and in amazing things after they graduate!

    ReplyDelete