Thursday, October 1, 2015

Student Success Stories


This week’s success story: Erin Cogburn



“I am currently completing a social media internship for LB Floral, a local specialty florist (www.lbfloral.com). I assist in writing LB Floral's blog, managing the social media platforms, creating marketing material and managing the website's images. I manage photo material and keep all of that data organized. I have loved working for this company and its creative atmosphere. Working for a small company has allowed me to learn a lot more about how a small business runs on a daily basis and all of the details necessary to be successful. I found the internship through Hire-A-Vol which was the main assistance. In the past I've used the resume critique service, although not right before this particular internship. I also took the course the Center for Career Development offers a few years ago, which really helped me find the career direction I wanted to focus on.” – Erin C. 


ATTENTION: If you have any great internship/ job experiences that UT Center for Career Development played a role in helping you score and you would like to share, we would LOVE to hear from you! Email us at utcareerpeers@utk.edu for more information if you would like to be featured in our Student Success Stories segment of Big Orange Briefcase.


Yours Truly, 




No comments:

Post a Comment