Thursday, November 5, 2015

Student Success Stories

This week's success story: Jason McDonald


"I was eager to join the workforce and apply some of the concepts and skills I was learning in class to real-life projects. I was planning on attending the Engineering Expo to explore opportunities. Before I went, I came by the Center for Career Development for a resume critique. The peer career advisors helped me add detail and lengthen my resume since I was only a freshman and had little experience. I felt confident entering the Expo that my qualifications were specified in my resume and got an interview with Cadre 5, a local software consulting firm.  I reviewed Career Services' Interviewing Guide in order to prepare for commonly asked questions and to ensure I was wearing the appropriate attire. I researched the company and had questions prepared to ask my interviewers too. The hard work paid off and I landed the Co-op. Since then I have completed three rotations and have loved the intricate projects I have had the opportunity to work on."

Jason McDonald. Senior in Computer Engineering; 3 time co-op with Cadre 5 in Knoxville, TN & Internship with Garmin Summer 2015

ATTENTION: If you have any great internship/ job experiences that UT Center for Career Development played a role in helping you score and you would like to share, we would LOVE to hear from you! Email us at utcareerpeers@utk.edu for more information if you would like to be featured in our Student Success Stories segment of Big Orange Briefcase.


Yours Truly, 




No comments:

Post a Comment