Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Success Story: Tim Martens

We love seeing all of the success stories from our fellow volunteers! We asked Tim Martens a couple questions about how he has used resources at the Center for Career Development to navigate his way to success. Way to go, Tim!  

What CCD resources you used that led to an internship, co-op, or part/full - time job opportunity?
Resume Critique 
Job Fair Prep Event
In-class Job Fair plugs
The supply chain job fair

How have these resources prepared you for the internship, co-op, or part/full - time search process?
The job fair prep event gave me a great understanding of how the event works and what recruiters are looking for. The resume critique, along with the resume writing handbook, helped me get a more formal format for my resume as well as a better understanding of what to include. The Supply Chain Job Fair was the most important event to me, as it allowed me to network with many top companies. This event allowed me to have one on one conversations with recruiters, which opens many doors.

What organization have you worked for or will you be working for and where?
This past summer I worked as a Project Intern for DHI Corp. in Mequon, Wisconsin, working with the purchasing department. This spring I will be spending six months in Atlanta, Georgia with Georgia-Pacific as a Supply Chain Intern.

What was you most enjoyable experience or what are most you looking forward to?  
 What I am most looking forward to is my internship with Georgia-Pacific. Being from Wisconsin and attending The University of Tennessee has allowed me to experience new surroundings. The university, along with Georgia-Pacific, are again allowing me to experience a new city and new surroundings. I am very grateful for not only the opportunity to study in a great supply chain program, but also the opportunity to contribute to a great company like Georgia-Pacific. I am also looking forward to creating more relationships within the supply chain program and with professionals from across the industry.

Best of luck at your internship this summer!! We wish you a journey of continued success! 



No comments:

Post a Comment