Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Why I Became a PCA: Helene


One day last year, one of my friends in the Mechanical, Aerospace, and Biomedical Engineering department sent me an email he had received about Peer Career Advisor applications. He said that I would be great for the position and recommended that I apply. As an engineering student, I needed a change of pace from the typical technical work I was doing.


Career Services gives me the opportunity to reach out and help students from all corners of campus as a Peer Career Advisor. It is a breath of fresh air for me and maintains my sanity! In the future, I know I don't want to do hands-on engineering work, and one day I hope to integrate my skills obtained here into my career. If you enjoy helping students and dedicated to professionalism, this position is for you! 



No comments:

Post a Comment