Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Why I Became a PCA: Josh



Being a PCA has been one of the most rewarding parts of my college experience. I am entering my third year as a PCA. I became a PCA because I really wanted to work for Career Services. I understood what an important role Career Services played in students’ lives after graduating college, and I wanted to be a part of that. When I learned of the Peer Career Advisor position, I knew it was perfect for me.


The most rewarding part of being a PCA is the positive feedback I have received from students.  Students are mostly thankful after I have helped them perfect their resume or polish their interviewing skills. It has been truly rewarding getting to help students build the foundations for their professional career. I would recommend the Peer Career Advisor position to anyone who communicates well and wants to help others to build professional skills needed to join the workforce. 


No comments:

Post a Comment