Monday, October 28, 2013

Why I Became a PCA: Patrice

If you didn't already know, PCA applications are due this Friday, November 1.  We encourage everyone to apply!  We all love working at Career Services, and we know you would too!  This week we will share our stories about why we chose to become PCAs. (Click here to read Shell's story from last week!)

I choose to become a Peer Career Advisor because I wanted an experience on campus that would help me become more involved and meet new people. I was a Junior in the College of Business anticipating on graduating in two and a half years and I was already a member of a prominent business organization and an avid member of UniTe.


Becoming a PCA was one of the greatest collegiate choices I have made.  I applied to meet new people, but I learned so much about my field and about myself.  As a Human Resource Management major I now have the skills of resume writing and interviewing – two skills professionals struggle with years within their field.  I have met peers from ALL walks of life and have learned how to professionally communicate and network with them.  I feel a bit of satisfaction when I help one of my peers, also.  Career Services is definitely a gem many UT students overlook!